This is a simple Shamrock Origami project for beginners. It can be made with 3 or 4 leaves.
You will need 3 or 4 rectangular pieces of paper (in this diagram I created a 4" shamrock and used 3 pieces 2" X 4"). I also created a stem for the shamrock.
1. Take one of the rectangles and fold it in half as shown. Then fold the top flap out again, along the line as seen above.
2. Your model should look like image 1 above now. Flip over and fold the edges along the lines as diagrammed and your model will look like image 3 above.
3. Turn the top points in and make a small diagonal crease at the center of the heart shape. This crease will help the leaf hold its shape. Flip over. You have now created one leaf of the shamrock.
4. Follow steps 1-3 three times for a 3 leaf shamrock or four times for a 4 leaf shamrock.
5. Join leaves together with glue or pin. (I used a pushpin because I am using my shamrocks on a bulletin board)