2/19/13

Shamrock Origami


This is a simple Shamrock Origami project for beginners. It can be made with 3 or 4 leaves.



You will need 3 or 4 rectangular pieces of paper (in this diagram I created a 4" shamrock and used 3 pieces 2" X 4"). I also created a stem for the shamrock.


1.  Take one of the rectangles and fold it in half as shown. Then fold the top flap out again, along the line as seen above.



2. Your model should look like image 1 above now.  Flip over and fold the edges along the lines as diagrammed and your model will look like image 3 above.




 3. Turn the top points in and make a small diagonal crease at the center of the heart shape. This crease will help the leaf hold its shape. Flip over. You have now created one leaf of the shamrock.



4. Follow steps 1-3 three times for a 3 leaf shamrock or four times for a 4 leaf shamrock.



5.  Join leaves together with glue or pin. (I used a pushpin because I am using my shamrocks on a bulletin board)



nap-time creations

19 comments:

  1. Cute! it's been a long time since I've done any origami crafts. I'll remember this for St. Patrick's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! What a fun idea for St. Patrick's Day! Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for visiting my blog. This project is easy and festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is definitely a starter origami project. thanks for the comment

      Delete
  4. That is so much fun and an easy origami project for kids. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome shamrock! Following back from the blog hop. Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Origami is so much fun, and this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly isn't one of the most complicated origami projects I have done but it is easy. And fun to have children do and then decorate.

      Delete
  7. HI! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays! I'm featuring THIS on a round-up post up on the blog today! I would be SO pleased if you would put my featured button on this post ;o) Happy Weekend!!!
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/10-ideas-to-get-you-in-mood-for-st.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feature. I am so excited.

      Delete
  8. New follower here via GFC and Linkin with the Ladies! Inviting you to come link up with my Thursday Thoughts and follow me too!
    http://nanahood.com/pi-day-pie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to each one. Your comment will be published after it is reviewed.