3/25/13

Google Easter Eggs

An internet "easter egg" is a hidden message or prank that is programmed into an internet site. If you haven't already you will someday stumble upon one of these. This is the way we programmers get our kicks. I know...we are sad!

Google definitely has some of the best. Since it is that time of year, I thought it would be fun to point out some of my favorites. 

image from google.com

1.  Go to Google.com and type the word "tilt" into the search bar and press search.  The whole web page tilts.

2. Type "do a barrel roll" into the Google search bar and hit the search button. Actually I've never even been able to hit the button, the screen start tumbling by the time you make it to the b.

3. On Google Maps, if you ask for directions from China to Japan in the directions it says to jet ski across the Pacific Ocean.

4. Gravity Experiment: Go to this website http://www.mrdoob.com/projects/chromeexperiments/google-gravity/

I hope you enjoy these.
Have you found any others?

2 comments:

  1. Found you on the Aloha hop! Now following your blog, twitter and Pinterest! Would love follows back

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome! I had never heard of these! What fun! Are there more?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to each one. Your comment will be published after it is reviewed.