3/25/13

I got a blogger hug!

I am so excited this morning. Over the weekend I was nominated for two Liebster Awards.  These are my first nominations. I am fairly new to the blogger world and have had lots of you help me out over the last few months. I appreciate your encouragement and assistance more than I can express.

A Liebster Award feels like a blogger hug!

Thanks so much to:

Jacqueline at thenonmarthamomma.com
and

Please take a few minutes to jump over to their blogs to check out what they have going on. You won't be disappointed.



Here are the Liebster Rules:
  • Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
  • Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
  • Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
  • Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
  • No tag backs.

My 11 Random Facts:
  1. I grew up in an extremely small town in Arkansas (BenHur). So small that my immediate family made up 50% of the population.
  2. I also grew up on a farm. Which means I know how to drive tractor, gather the eggs, slop the hogs, milk a goat and birth a calf...thanks Dad.
  3. I graduated high school at the top of my class.
  4. I married my best friend and husband of many years at the young age of 18. I do not recommend getting married that early in life but I'm very thankful it worked out well for me.
  5. My husband and I are both programmers yet none of our 3 children are at all interested in going into the technology field of work.
  6. I have a disorder called Mysophobia or more commonly known as germaphobia that I have been working hard to overcome for the past few years. I have come very far with coping with this issue. It is ridiculous to not be able to get on an elevator with other people or shake hands. I can do both of those now.
  7. I don't facebook. I'm considering setting up an account to use with my blog. It always surprises people when I tell them I don't have a facebook account. I'm not sure if they are so surprised because everyone in America does (including my own mother) or if it is more because I'm a software developer.
  8. I collect world globes and maps. I have well over 100 of them in different sizes made from all kinds of materials.
  9. I am anal about the way my bed is made. I have very specific specifications and it must be that way before I can get in it.
  10. Pineapples are my only food limitation.  I will not eat pineapples. I like pineapple juice. I just don't like the texture of pineapple in my mouth. 
  11. I am almost as afraid of unfamiliar cats as I am snakes. And I have no idea why.


My 11 Answers:
  1. Favorite vacation spot?  The Caribbean
  2. My middle name?  Francine I was given that name because both my maternal and paternal grandmothers were named Frances. I hated the name when I was younger but I've found myself more proud to have their name in recent years.
  3. Celebrity crush?  David Boreanaz
  4. Favorite part of the weekend?  Sunday morning breakfast  Least favorite?  Sunday night...prepare for Monday morning.
  5. Is this your 1st Liebster award?  Yes
  6. Which side of the bed do you sleep on? Left
  7. Do you smoke cigarettes or have you ever been a smoker? If you did smoke when and how did you quit?  Luckily I have never been a smoker
  8. American Idol, The Voice, or X Factor....or none?  I watched AI for the first season, haven't watched it since. And I haven't see the others so I'm going with "none"
  9. What were you like in high school?  Oh my, I definitely did not shine in high school. I had a teacher describe me as a wallflower but I think that was too kind. I was homely. A nerd, dressed terrible with bad hair. When I went to my 10 year reunion I was voted "Most Changed". So thankfully I grew out of that awkward stage...kinda.
  10. Scariest thing that has happened to you?  About 15 years ago my family and I were in a car accident that involved fatalities. Worst day of my life. Two young boys lost their life that day because their uncle thought he could drive under the influence. Not only did he take their lives but he seriously endangered the lives of my children. That is very hard to forgive.
  11. Favorite late night snack?  Oreos and milk


The 11 blogs I have nominated. Check out their blogs. You wll be inspired...promise.

My 11 Questions for each of them
  1. Which countries have you visited?
  2. What do you consider your biggest accomplishment or contribution in life?
  3. What is your ideal career?
  4. Favorite flower?
  5. Which post on your blog do you feel like was your best work?
  6. If you have a significant other, what is your cute name for him/her?
  7. Pet Peeves?
  8. What is your "go-to" signature meal if you are entertaining guests?
  9. What is your favorite smell?
  10. How long have you been blogging?
  11. Why did you start blogging?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination Jessica! You are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to say you lived on a farm and birthed a calf. You should get a facebook account. It's a great way to connect with family, friends,old classmates,etc and if you get a page for your blog it will definitely help gain your following. Although I am one to talk because while I do have facebook, I am not on Twitter yet, and that is pretty big in the blogging world as well. Being in that car accident must have been so scary. I am sorry you were involved and sorry for the lives lost, so sad. It's never worth it to drink and drive.

    Jackie
    www.thenonmarthamomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. C O N G R A T S on your double Liebster, Jessica!! It's well deserved!! I so enjoyed reading your answers and random facts! Fun getting to know you better :) THANK YOU for the nomination! I'm honored and appreciate it much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica :)

    Congrats and Thank you so much for the award. It took me ages to finish my Liebster award post but here it is.

    http://pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/about-me

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to each one. Your comment will be published after it is reviewed.